Epic Games has provided a list of features and improvements coming soon to Fortnite.
Fornite players will soon be able to communicate with their team through voice chat, set different controller configurations, and enjoy some quality of life improvements.
The team working on Fortnite has “picked up steam on the development side,” and plans to have most of the following pushed out within 4-6 weeks.
- Team communication incl. voice chat!
- General squads / duo polish
- Ongoing shooting and balance tweaks
- Map POI (points of interest) and loot density improvements
- Spectating improvements
- Inventory improvements
- Quality of life bug fixes
- Alternate configurations
- Controller revamp
- Input latency improvements on console
- Aim assist improvements
- 10’ console experience of HUD
- “Invite system” polish
- MOTD system improvements
- QOL features for streamers and content creators (hiding HUD elements, etc.)
- Cosmetics / loadout
- Compendium / mission logs
- Console performance, stability, and memory
- Server performance and hitch optimizations
- Reduction of initial download size and ongoing patch sizes
- Level streaming to allow variation for cosmetics
- Low end PC compatibility support / improvements
- Spinning up more data centers to reduce average ping times
- Public test realm