Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite is here – and here are the characters you can expect to play as from both universes.
Marvel vs Capcom Infinite’s launch roster has finally come together, through a variety of official reveals in story and gameplay trailers.
A few leaked character names are still floating around that aren’t included in the line-up, so it’s likely we’ll see them as DLC.
On this page we’ll cover both – the complete Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite roster for launch, plus the officially confirmed first DLC for the game and any further rumored DLC going forwards. This is the complete roster, basically, including leaks and rumors. Let’s take a look…
Confirmed launch roster
All of the characters below feature in the game on disc at launch. There’s fifteen for each side, making for thirty total.
- Captain America – Cap returns to the series with fancy new togs inline with the MCU. His moves haven’t changed too much but he has a new second shield throw to add to his arsenal
- Captain Marvel – Carol Danvers will be soon be joining the Marvel movie universe and is also making her first-time appearance in a Capcom Versus game as well. She’s got projectile attacks and is a speedy attacker.
- Doctor Strange – Doctor Strange made his debut in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 and is returning with a slightly less flamboyant cape. Expect him to be as slippery as ever with his Sorcerer Supreme’s teleportation
- Dormammu – First appearing in Marvel vs Capcom 3, Capcom announced that Dormammu made the cut for Infinite
- Gamora – Another newcomer from the MCU, Gamora was shown in the story trailer persuading Thanos to help her find the Infininty Stones
- Ghost Rider – Another MvC3 face – and I’m using the term loosely – originally surfaced after some datamining. The full story trailer confirms that Johnny Blaze is making his return in September
- Hawkeye – Hawkeye looks slightly less like a giant aubergine in his revamped Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite costume, and has ditched the helmet for a pair of sunglasses. Ant-Man is no longer a part of Hawkeye’s super, lending weight to the rumour that he’ll be a new roster addition
- Hulk – The Hulk has been around since Marvel Super Heroes and is a staple of the franchise at this point. He’s got himself a new wall jump and dash special, so fans of the not-so-lean, green fighting machine can look forward to that
- Iron Man – Iron Man is another familiar face and was one of the first Marvel characters to be revealed, along with Captain America. His two new moves, Repulsor Array and Smart Mine, will serve to set him apart from the other heroes, as his playstyle hasn’t really been defined in previous games
- Nova – Nova is making a comeback for Marvel vs Capcom: Infininte. Fans of the character will be pleased to know that Marvel Comics editor of Nova, Bill Rosemann, is executive creative director on the game
- Rocket Raccoon – Our furry friend is gracing us with his presence again, and is bringing Groot into the fray with his new Hyper Combo, which means we probably won’t be seeing Groot on the roster
- Spider-Man – Spider-Man is a fresh-faced addition to the MCU and a Versus series staple, and leaving him off the roster would have been crazy
- Thanos – Thanos has been in the Marvel vs Capcom series before as both a boss and a playable character. This time around, he has an integral part in the story mode, helping Gamora find the Infinity Stones
- Thor – Asgard’s finest is back and he looks pretty much the same as his last in-game appearance, although if you pre-order Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite, you’ll unlock the Warrior Thor costume
- Ultron – Mega Man X’s Sigma and Marvel’s Ultron have merged into one psychotic super villain in Marvel vs Capcom Infininte, and he has his drones to call on to help him stomp you into the ground
- Arthur – Ghosts ‘n’ Goblins’ hero Arthur was a popular character in Marvel vs Capcom 3. He’s back with projectiles, and his handy lance and sword for some varied attacks
- Chris Redfield – Chris is taking a well-earned break from killing zombies to make another Marvel vs Capcom appearance in Infinite. He’s bringing his gun collection – rocket launcher and all – but won’t shy away from a good old fashioned brawl
- Chun-Li – This lady is in her wheelhouse, although even fans of her Lightning Legs aren’t totally happy with how she looks in-game right now
- Dante – Dante also got hit with the ugly stick, but he’s supposedly easier to get to grips with than in Marvel vs Capcom 3, so that’s something
- Firebrand – Ghosts ‘n’ Goblins villain and Gargoyle’s Quest star Firebrand (known as the Red Arremer in Japan) returns from MVC3, reprising his role as a strong airborne character.
- Frank West – Everyone’s favorite zombie-killing photojournalist returns after making his debut in MvC3. The star of Capcom’s Dead Rising video game series was confirmed at Comic Con 2017
- Jedah – Darkstalker’s Jedah is a newcomer to the series. His name was initially dug up by dataminers, but Capcom revealed him at EVO 2017 during a short exhibition match
- Mega Man X – Roster addition Mega Man X’s reveal was a huge deal for Mega Man fans while simultaneously reminding them that it’s been forever and a day since the Blue Bomber has appeared in his own franchise. Mega Man X has a temporary armour transformation and a charge shot to boot
- Mike Haggar – Haggar was part of the roster in MvC3 and it seems like he couldn’t get enough, so he’s coming back for more
- Morrigan Aenstand – Morrigan has kicked butt in Capcom’s Darkstalkers series and in Marvel vs Capcom 3. Her Darkness Illusion hyper combo makes a return as does Soul Fist, but Capcom has said that she won’t be able to spam the latter this time around
- Nathan Spencer – The Bionic Commando, Nathan ‘Rad’ Spencer, is just as agile as he was in MvC3, with his zipline and bionic arm making him a juggling machine
- Nemesis – Some fans aren’t psyched to see that Nemesis is on the roster rather than alternative characters from the Resident Evil universe, but they’ll just have to lump it
- Ryu – Not a lot has changed when it comes to Ryu, but his alternate specials are worth a mention, as he gets a vertical fireball with the use of an Infinity Stone
- Strider Hiryu – A veteran of the series, Strider is back with a familiar moveset, plus a new slash attack that can be deployed after a wall jump to take opponents from behind
- Zero – Mega Man X’s partner in crime was a favourite in MvC3, and he’s making a return in Marvel vs Capcom Infinite. There were concerns that he wouldn’t be a playable character after his appearance in the cinematic story trailer, but he is indeed a bona fide addition to the roster
DLC Characters, plus further Leaks & Rumours
Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite is going to have a fully-featured suite of DLC characters, starting with six characters that’ll be released between the game’s launch and the end of 2017. Based on character appearances in story mode, official announcements and leaks, we have some idea as to who a few of them are.
Confirmed DLC Characters
- Black Panther – A newcomer to the VS series roster and recently the cinematic universe, Black Panther is one of a small handful of characters whose in-game appearance had been influenced by the MCU. He’ll be one of the first two DLC characters available, and puts in an appearance in story mode.
- Black Widow – Black Widow is the last of the ‘original’ Marvel Cinematic Universe avengers not to make it into MVC Infinite, so it’s not surprising to see her arrive as early DLC. She’ll be a Marvel vs Capcom series newcomer.
- Monster Hunter – A Monster Hunter lass makes an appearance in the story mode alongside Black Panther, and will be showing up as a series first representative in Marvel vs Capcom.
- Sigma – Aside from merging with Ultron, Mega Man villain Sigma will be coming to the roster as a DLC character – the first of 6. We don’t really have much on him apart from that little nugget.
- Venom – Spider-Man’s evil doppleganger makes an appearance – a return to the series after MVC3 skipping over him. It’ll be interesting to see if he features his MVC2 move set…
- Winter Soldier – Bucky Barnes is a favourite with comic book readers and MCU audiences alike, so it’s no surprise to see his name pop up in a list of datamined characters. He’s another perfect candidate for a DLC character
Rumored DLC Characters
- Ant-Man [Rumored] – An early leak pegged Ant-Man as part of the cast, and though he isn’t in at launch he is curiously absent in one way: Ant-Man had a cameo in the previous game as part of Hawkeye’s level 3 super, but he’s mysteriously been removed from that super in Infinite. I wonder why…
I enjoy you because of all of your effort on this blog. Ellie enjoys doing internet research and it’s easy to see why. All of us hear all about the compelling manner you create functional ideas by means of the blog and as well cause contribution from other ones about this article and my child is being taught a great deal. Enjoy the remaining portion of the new year. You’re the one carrying out a first class job.
abilify no rx
I precisely desired to say thanks again. I’m not certain the things I could possibly have achieved in the absence of the aspects contributed by you about my area. Completely was a challenging case for me, but being able to view a expert approach you dealt with it forced me to cry for contentment. Extremely grateful for the advice and believe you are aware of a powerful job that you’re accomplishing educating many others all through a blog. I’m certain you’ve never come across all of us.
A lot of thanks for all your efforts on this site. Gloria loves engaging in investigation and it’s easy to understand why. Almost all know all concerning the dynamic means you give important secrets on the web blog and as well encourage contribution from others on that concern plus our daughter is always discovering a lot. Have fun with the remaining portion of the new year. You’re the one conducting a good job.
My husband and i ended up being absolutely contented Chris could complete his homework by way of the ideas he came across from your own blog. It’s not at all simplistic just to be giving away guides many people could have been making money from. And we consider we’ve got the blog owner to appreciate because of that. All the explanations you’ve made, the easy blog menu, the friendships you assist to create – it’s all awesome, and it’s assisting our son and our family consider that that concept is brilliant, and that’s exceptionally fundamental. Many thanks for all!
My spouse and i got quite joyful that Jordan managed to do his reports through the entire precious recommendations he had through the web pages. It is now and again perplexing to just continually be giving out procedures which people may have been selling. So we grasp we have got the writer to give thanks to for that. The most important illustrations you have made, the simple web site navigation, the relationships you will help foster – it’s got many incredible, and it’s really helping our son in addition to the family know that the situation is exciting, which is quite mandatory. Thank you for everything!
drugs used to threat thyroid
Thanks for your tips. One thing we have noticed is always that banks and also financial institutions have in mind the spending behavior of consumers and also understand that a lot of people max out there their own credit cards around the holiday seasons. They prudently take advantage of this kind of fact and begin flooding the inbox and also snail-mail box together with hundreds of Zero APR card offers immediately after the holiday season comes to an end. Knowing that in case you are like 98% of all American open public, you’ll hop at the possiblity to consolidate personal credit card debt and move balances for 0 interest rates credit cards. hggggil https://thyroidmedi.com – drugs used to threat thyroid
hemorrhoids meds for sale
Today, with all the fast life style that everyone is having, credit cards have a big demand throughout the economy. Persons coming from every discipline are using credit card and people who aren’t using the credit cards have made arrangements to apply for one in particular. Thanks for expressing your ideas about credit cards. https://hemorrhoidsmedi.com hemorrhoids meds for sale
Pingback: Replica rolex day date watch
Pingback: pure spectrum hemp oil tincture
Pingback: Chicago Format Essay Example
Pingback: sell cvv transfer wu
Pingback: scooter rental in honolulu
Pingback: IrmÃ£ Fazendo Sexo Com IrmÃ£o Em Camera Escondida
Pingback: golden teacher mushroom how to grow,
Pingback: ecstasy drug poem,
It’s too bad to check your article late. I wonder what it would be if we met a little faster. I want to exchange a little more, but please visit my site baccaratcommunity and leave a message!!
Pingback: where to buy psilocybe mushrooms
Pingback: learn more
Pingback: hang punch bag from pull up bar
Pingback: go x scooter